Monday, August 31, 2009

This is not your momma's nursery!

I can remember spending hours pouring over my mom's JC Penny's and Sears catalogs, dreaming of being lucky enough to have one of the beautiful four poster twin beds, with a frou frou canopy. I knew that it was never going to happen, but it was still very fun to dream. My sister and I were very much on our own when it came to decorating our bedrooms, which has it's pros and cons. We were pretty much free to hang up whatever posters we liked, but under no circumstance was our bedroom furniture ever going to match, and it certainly would never look like it came from a catalog.

My girls, whether you want to consider it lucky or unlucky, will not have that much freedom anytime soon. I love decorate, and while I am not great at it, I try pretty hard. Maybe it's my version of living vicariously thru them, but hey in the grand scheme of things, having control of the bedroom decor might not be that bad. It's not like they are on TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras, right? Well at least not yet, lol.

Anyway, this weekend we finally put the finishing touches on the nursery that Tessa and Mia will share. It's frou frou, over the top, disgustingly pink, and I LOVE it. Hell, if they don't like it, I would gladly move in.




A HUGE thank you to everyone that helped. Lou for generously making all of the crib bedding. Ray and Anne for helping with the painting and wallpapering. And most of all my darling husband Greg, for putting up with all of my complaints about the craftsmanship, for walking thru endless shops looking for decorations and accessories, for dealing with all of the random Craigslist customers who bought the old furniture, and for picking up and assembling all of the new furniture that I just had to have.

I think it turned out great, and if these little girls know any better, so will they. I think that Tess is already sold, she loves the chandelier, and like her momma, is a huge fan of shoes. So far, so good.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment