Mother's Day 2010 is quickly approaching. 15 days to be exact. In my husband's world, that means 13 days to try and not think about it, and 1 really, really crabby day at the mall trying to not feel my wrath about dropping the ball.
This Mother's Day is a big one. For entire 365 days, not only have I successfully (to some standard) mothered this one:
and this one:
But we went and added this one to the mix:
which is a good thing, but makes for a very over worked mama! It is bliss, but crazy. Slightly organized chaos. I try to remind myself to enjoy it, soon enough they will want nothing to do with me, but right now it brings me to the first thing I would love for Mother's Day 2010:
1. To not be touched by ANYONE (this includes you Greg M.) for 24 hrs. I don't want to wipe anybody's nose, do anyone's hair or carry anybody anywhere. Ahhh, wishful thinking. (Disclaimer - the above statement does mean that I do not want these things done, it simply means that they need to be done by someone else.)
2. To have someone else vacuum and mop the floor, and have it stay in that exact same, spotless condition for at least 1 hr.
3. An open ended credit line at the best plastic surgeon in town. This would benefit everyone, don't you think?
4. To eat a meal that doesn't involve color crayons, paper towels, baby wipes and includes a cloth napkin.
5. To spend a family day somewhere fun, where no one fights or whines and Daddy doesn't threaten anyone.
6. An all expenses paid trip to the day spa.
7. This really cute necklace:
Isn't it adorable? It's an actual wax seal! Something different then the traditional mother's rings/necklaces etc. Plenty of room for personalization for mamas like myself that have a larger brood. It can be found, along with a variety of other delights @ www.julianandco.com for a not so ridiculous price. But you had better hurry dear, custom orders take a while.